Can you help please ?

Diskutiere Can you help please ? im Forum Afrikanische Prachtfinken im Bereich Prachtfinken - Hi everyone, I would like to exchange information on African finches. I have a website at : http://astorwilliam.tripod.com/index.htm The...
W

William Astor

Hi everyone,

I would like to exchange information on African finches. I have a website at :

http://astorwilliam.tripod.com/index.htm

The problem is I do not know any German at all. I have to depend on the internet translation engine. I feel that this is not good enough. Is there anyone on this forum who has the time and patience to properly translate my post from English into German please ?
Could you email me privately at mail address removed, use forum mail please ?
Thank you.

William

Hi William,

welcome to our board. We will try to help you where possible.

I think it would be best for you to post in English. The results of the translation machine are very poor indeed (I saw your carduelis posts). There are enough people here who speak English and should be able to translate.

Das Beste wird sein, William schreibt in englisch und irgendwer übersetzt. die automatischen Übersetzungen sind einfach zu schlecht

Thank you, Dagmar.

I agree with you that it is best that I write in English.

I will try to include the German and Latin name of the finch species that I talk about so that everyone will know exactly what bird I am referring to.

I am very happy that you have welcomed me in your board since I feel that it is going to be to our mutual advantage.

Best wishes,

William

Hi William!!

Welcome "on board" !!
Nice to have english-speaking people around!!

Please feel free to write in english, there is much "bird-keeper-english" that I have to learn!!

regards!!

Chris

Hallo William!

Ich bearbeite Deine Vogellisten auf deutsch:

-Schlegel's Grüner Tropfenastrild
-Brauner Tropfenastrild
-Perlastrild
-Rotmaskenastrild
-Blaukopfschmetterlingsfink
-Orangebäckchen
-Nonnenastrild
-Goldbrüstchen
-Schwarzbäckchen
-Dunkelroter Amarant
-Braunrückengoldsperling
-Perlhalsamadine
-Weißwangenastrild
-Veilchenastrild
-Granatastrild
-Lauchgrüne Papageiamadine
-Orangeblaufink

Braunrückengolsperling ist kein Prachtfink, sondern gehört zur Familie Sperlinge.
Orangeblaufink ist auch kein Prachtfink, sondern gehört zur Familie Ammertangare, Unterfamilie Kardinäle.

Lauchgrüne Papageiamadine ist kein Afrikaner.

:0-

Thank you Chris for your enthusiastic welcome :)

Thank you Danny for the German bird names. It is true that some of the seed eating species are non-African. I too have tried to look up the German bird names and have obtained different results for the following species :

Dunkelroter Amarant = Lagonosticta rubricata = Dunkelamarant

Blaukopfschmetterlingsfink = Uraeginthus cyanocephalus = Blaukopfastrild

Perlhalsamadine = Lonchura griseicapilla = Graukopf-Silberschnabel

Are these birds known by two different names in German or do I have wrong information ?
Thank you.

William

Hallo William!

Diese 3 Arten sind 2 gleiche Name. Dunkelroter Amarant, Blaukopfschmetterlingsfink und Perlhalsamadine sind richtige Namen, weil jede deutsche Vogelliebhaber diese Vögel kennen. Die zweite Name dieser Arten werden nicht gebraucht, oder wenig.

Translation of Danny's post:

Hallo William!

There are two German names for these 3 species. The correct and generally accepted names are Dunkelroter Amarant, Blaukopfschmetterlingsfink und Perlhalsamadine. The other names are not very common.

@Danny: es ist sicherlich einfacher für William, wenn du die lateinischen Namen verwendest, dann gibt es weniger Übersetzungsprobleme
(It is easier for William if you use the latin names, this avoids translation errors)

William hat hier noch einen zweiten Beitrag laufen, den ich versuchte zu übersetzen (hoffentlich einigermassen richtig).

Thema: Can you help please ?