Haltung und Training von LiBai

Diskutiere Haltung und Training von LiBai im Forum sonstige Weichfresser im Bereich Weichfresser/Nektartrinkende - I do not know if Greater Green Leaf Bird , a song bird is ever in Germany. I have left Oman and am now in Singapore. I got myself a Greater...
Tiffani,

I hope you and all others who love shamas will see what a shama singing competition is like and enjoy the videos here.

In defence of chicken feed // LiBai // Shama singing competition at Bishan

http://shanlung.livejournal.com/127565.html

Tiffani,

I hope you and all others who love shamas will see what a shama singing competition is like and enjoy the videos here.

In defence of chicken feed // LiBai // Shama singing competition at Bishan

http://shanlung.livejournal.com/127565.html

Shanlung :beifall:
thank you for sharing in competition Schama. Not many Germans are aware of these competitions. The hard work, effort and love into such a great day spent. And how expensive are such good Schama :D
That would be a real insider tip to visit for Shama lovers Singapore.
There are huge differences between the keeping of birds in the east and west.
Such a thing is almost no longer in Germany
In Germany there is no place that I know where you get together in fine weather, and bring his birds and hanging in the tree. In a forum I read, it's called "Chai"?
The entertainment culture is very different, sometimes very grim. Laws and regulations .... people without understanding.
Since H5N1 did not get anywhere. Only panic. Everything was forbidden. No official imports more. Exhibition and exchanges only under very difficult conditions dur to the authorities and official veterinarians. It has become very difficult for owners and breeders. And then come the self-styled species and animal rights activists to ...8(
They would prefer to ban the keeping of birds
All the better the uncomplicated handling of birds in the East

At LiBai :D
Your shock at the cucumber, I can understand that.
But remember, such a pickle is not much enough.
He had so much to eat ...:D
I will ask Willi here in the forum, which he gave his leaf birds, whether they were too greedy :zustimm:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@ wp1954
Willi, wir brauchen mal deinen Rat.
Shanlung bemüht sie seinen Blattvogel etwas schlanker zu bekommen. Aber irgendwie schlagen seine Fütterungsanwendungen immer etwas fehl.
Zuletzt hat er ihm morgens ein großes Stück Gurke gegeben, und war ganz entsetzt, als er von einer Fahrradtour zurück kam, das dieser das ganze Stück ausgepickt hatte.
Ich finde das vollkommen logisch, aber Shanlung beklagt sich schon ein ganze Weile, dass sein Blattvogel ein richtiger Fressack wäre.
Jetzt meine Frage:
Waren deine Blattvögel auch solche Fressäcke?
Was hast Du ihnen gegeben?
Z.B. im Sommer in der Aussenvoliere, mit viel Bewegung?

Und im Winter während der Innenhaltung?

Da Du ja deine Vögel nicht wiegst, frage ich dich mal nach einem optischen Vergleich zu dem Blattvogel von Shanlung. Was glaubst Du, waren deine Blattvögel dünner?

P.S.
Wenn Du seinem letzten Link bis nach ganz unten folgst, kommst Du zu einem der üblichen Schamagesangswettbewerbe :zustimm:

hallo tiffi
es sieht bei den meisten fruchtfressern nach sehr viel aus was die fressen,auch bei meinen hardwicksblattvögeln ist es so,aber was ist obst;;;;; 80-90% wasser,
gibt mann denen nur obst u. gemüse,so schwimmt der käfig nach 2tagen fast davon,ich verwende als einstreu katzenstreu über den winter.
natürlich neigen einzelvögel bei innenhaltung schneller dazu zu verfetten,aber nicht von gurke,sondern vom zuckerhaltigem obst.
meine sind im frühjahr auch meist pummelchen,aber nach 3 tagen balz ,ist der speck weg.
der verbrauch am tag an nahrung von meinem paar hardwicksblattvögeln, liegt am tag bei ca.10 mehlwürmer,6-8 drohnenmaden u.genau sovielen heimchen,obst täglich was anderes u. pro vogel ein röhrchen nektar u. das was sie sich noch selbst fangen.
das ist der verbrauch an nahrung täglich wärend der balz im moment draussen in der freivoli über winter gibts nur obst ,nektar u. ab u. an ein paar mehlwürmer.
mfg willi

Shanlung :D,

I ask Willi because of your diet problem.
His leafbirds are used with very little movement quickly too thick, but only in the winter months. In this time they only get Fruit, Nektar and a few insects.
He also writes, of the cucumber they are not fat, only by the sweet fruit.
If his leaf birds in spring allowed in the open air, and to begin courting, they decrease rapidly.
During the time when courtship, food consumption is a day for about 10 meal worms, 6-8 drones maggot, and just as many crickets. Fruit every day something different, each bird a tube nectar and what they still catch themselves, with a lot of movement

Since the manure is very wet in cucumber, and the cage "drift away", he uses in the winter with the inner attitude cat litter :zustimm:
The best cat litter is that clumps, it binds moisture perfect and the smell.
Maybe your cat litter would be true for?

So to solve the problem, he must get very little food :+shocked:, and more flying :+klugsche
This is now your task :D

Tiffani, wp1954,

Thank you for your answers.

I am sure in time LiBai weight will stabilize. I cannot imagine he will get heavier and heavier with each day. I fear only that his weight stabilize at a higher weight than is good for him.

He is so used to the weighing that he would fly to the chair when he see me in the morning. And fly to the scale at signal.

I decided not to give him the mix mash until his weight was 36 grams. He got 35 grams of cucumber, and 7-8 crickets and about 20 medium size meal worms as treats and foraging. My crickets have lots of baby crickets so I use the smaller crickets now.

After 2 days, I finally got him down to first morning weight of 36 grams.

I then gave him 6 + (8 to 10) of mash. And 7-8 crickets and 20 medium meal worms.

He accepted the apartment now. He will fly from his cage across the living room for each meal worm. I think he got plenty of exercise that way. When I did not call him, he fly and circle my head to fly back to his room. I think he did that just for the fun of flying. Maybe to tell me he is my friend. Maybe he has no reason at all. My cat Ivan accepted him in the living room now and did not threaten to attack the bird.

Most of the time, LiBai is in his flight room

There are 6 places in his cage and his flight room that he likes to be on. His droppings are all under those areas, or 99% of the time. Newspaper and tissue papers placed under those areas caught all the droppings. It is much easier to remove and replace the newspaper and tissue paper.

Warmest regards

Shanlung

Thanks for the great shots of Libai :beifall:

The slow motion shots show nice as he lands.
I think he hears great on you, do not you think?
I think your patience has paid off, and his weight is now also good :zustimm:

On 21 June is in a 3 satellite broadcast a film about Singapore Schama, their expensive cages and the singing competition. 20 minutes, I'm full of excitement :freude:

Tiffani,

You will enjoy that broadcast on Singapore shamas, especially competition grade. You seen a bit of that in my earlier report.
The cages and their fittings might be able to bail Greece out of her problems.

Here is more

Tinkerbell -Summer of 2011 // Ivan and LiBai // LiBai voilational flights to me //

http://shanlung.livejournal.com/128061.html

8o
Remember, I warned you some time ago due to Ivan...
But he has only Libai warned he could have killed him, this cheeky, cheeky bird :D
With the food you put in Libai a beginning. Perhaps one day the food is secondary?
Don't worry, just wait :zustimm:

Because of Ivan...
It is over twenty years ago, I had a male cat, he saw a Burmese are very similar.
He liked my husband very well.
When my husband came home, he ran for a long time before it rang at the door. It was a long way from the parking to us high into the apartment
We also tried different games ...
Stop the engine before and slide the Mottorad into the parking lot ...
Not honk ....
Not ring ....
The cat always knew when he came :D
There are things that we do not have to understand.
It's nice that they exist :+klugsche

Have a nice time in Chiayi and greetings to Tinkerbell :D

. It has become very difficult for owners and breeders. And then come the self-styled species and animal rights activists to ...8(
They would prefer to ban the keeping of birds
All the better the uncomplicated handling of birds in the East

Hallo Tiffany,
are you serious about that or did I miss the irony (icon)?:~

Surely I do believe that some aspects of bird keeping in Germany, or at least demands about some of these aspects are a little overdone, especially if the animal is rated higher than the human.
But.
It should not be rated that much lower than the keeper, either.

Surely it is advisable to help improve keeping by good examples and feasable ideas for improvement (that everyone should be able to put into practice).
Nonetheless, one should not retreat to past states that have already been overcome such as very small bird cages.
These rather cement the image of birds as living room ornaments than as flighted (!) creatures who (!) need a diverse environment and SPACE.

"In the east" in the broades sense, avian vets are also not always available (Egypt, I believe, is a country where it is hard to get at an avian vet and where small cages and no flight in livings rooms are the norm rather than the exeption. There once was a user here who adopted a cockatiel I think, that was kept in a very small cage on the balcony and whose keeping was not below average keeping conditions there, as that user reported).

Tut mir Leid Stephanie,
aber east, steht hier nicht für für den Osten sondern für Asien, und somit geht es auch nicht um den Vergleich zu Arabien.
Es geht um die östliche Kultur der Gesangsvogelhaltung und deren Training, siehe Links von Shanlung, sowie deren Verständnis und natürliche und unkomplizierten Umgang mit ihren gefiederten Sängern.
Und um die Panikmache in Deutschland seit H5N1, und den Übereifer einiger selbsternannter Tierschützer.
Somit fehlt natürlich auch kein ironisches Smilie.

A disaster of Hazzard

How horrible ... really :+shocked:
Thank God nothing serious happened to you, be glad, you're the youngest not more :+klugsche

This is a bad accident with Libai ...
I understand your wife very well, I feel for her. The loss of such birds is painful :trost:
But maybe ... maybe Libai will also include social interaction, new, in a different place, in a garden, where birdwatchers will feed birds and wonder what they encountered as a trustful bird, and take pleasure in it.
So were your efforts not in vain, he will live, for sure, in your climate he has good chances to become old.
Have a nice stay in Taiwan und love greetings to your wife.
In Germany we say: Cheer up :bier:

P.S.
Be careful when climbing 8)

How horrible ... really :+shocked:
Thank God nothing serious happened to you, be glad, you're the youngest not more :+klugsche

This is a bad accident with Libai ...
I understand your wife very well, I feel for her. The loss of such birds is painful :trost:
But maybe ... maybe Libai will also include social interaction, new, in a different place, in a garden, where birdwatchers will feed birds and wonder what they encountered as a trustful bird, and take pleasure in it.
So were your efforts not in vain, he will live, for sure, in your climate he has good chances to become old.
Have a nice stay in Taiwan und love greetings to your wife.
In Germany we say: Cheer up :bier:

P.S.
Be careful when climbing 8)

My last posting here to answer Tiffani

I was very careful.

shanlung: Tinkerbell Summertime2011 - Before visitting her // Sieben // Formosan Blue Magpies & Molly

shanlung: Tinkerbell Summertime2011 -Being with her Part 1 // 30th June - 2 July 2011

shanlung: Tinkerbell Summertime2011 -Being with her Part 2 // 3 July -7 July 2011

shanlung: Tinkerbell Summertime2011 Wuling Nong Chang & leaving Taiwan

To my surprise, Yingshiong my white rumped shama remembered me after ten years. You read below and decide if that was the case.

End of Dubai chapter// Colugo again // Yingshiong Reunion & Tinkerbell // Taijichuan at Koh Phagnan
Tinkerbell Legacy - Living with a flying parrot - End of Dubai chapter// Colugo again // Yingshiong Reunion & Tinkerbell // Taijichuan at Koh Phagnan

Tinkerbell2014
Tinkerbell Legacy - Living with a flying parrot - Tinkerbell2014

Thema: Haltung und Training von LiBai