Hybrid Timor sparrows (in English!)

Diskutiere Hybrid Timor sparrows (in English!) im Asiatische Prachtfinken Forum im Bereich Prachtfinken; Hallo, German Finch Lovers! I'm sorry I can't write in Deutsch, but I , begging Your pardon, need Your advice. Some Years ago I bought two pairs...

1. #1 romango, 16.08.2008
    romango

romango Guest

Hallo, German Finch Lovers!
    I'm sorry I can't write in Deutsch, but I , begging Your pardon, need Your advice.
    Some Years ago I bought two pairs of Timor sparrows (Lonchura fuscata) from our friend Marco Baumgartner. They actually are three cocks and one hen ! I was able to breed them easily, anyway. Unfortunately , I was so sure these were easy birds, I parted from all the offsprings. The following year I had clear eggs only. I soon realized I was left with three sterile cocks and one good hen. So, I tried crossing the lone hen with a Java cock.
    I had many clear eggs, and, happily, two hybrid hatchlings, which I hand raised. They are two cocks and are now singing a lot. So, this is my question: do You think they could be sterile? If no, which is the best next option? That is : to back-cross them with their mother or give them a Java hen?
    P.S. I couldn't find any actual Timor breeder in Europe (except one in France who has hundreds but don't sell one of his birds !)
    roberto mangani
    from Firenze, Italy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. #2 Tiffani, 17.08.2008
    Tiffani

Tiffani Vögel ohne Lobby

Wo die Polizei nicht tot über'm Zaun hängen möchte
    Dear Roberto,
    my English is not perfect, so I use the Googel translators!

I imagine a link that I think with a little luck are you there.

I hit you the thumbs

Greetings from Berlin :prima:

Padda fuscata

3. #3 Rasti, 18.08.2008
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 18.08.2008
    Rasti

Rasti Foren-Guru

hey, roberto....

look in your private news for a new adress.......
    Unfortunately it is difficult to breed Timor sparrow. And a hybrid is - competent according to breeders - infertile .
    Over the breeder in Luxembourg Mr. Weyrich : the entire breeding 2007 was stolen completly 8( .

AND : Timor needs much space to fly - otherwise they will be agressively .

NO CAGE !!!!!!

4. #4 romango, 18.08.2008
    romango

romango Guest

Thank You very much for the link and advices. I know Weyrich (or, better, his site!) from some years, and was shocked to hear what happened to his birds. Today I am going to put nests in my aviaries and cages, so, in a few weeks , I will know if Timor-Java hybrids are fertile ! Unfertile eggs is a big and widespread problem with Timors. I suspect this species has a different breeding behaviour from Javas . (Maybe javas are so easy breeders as they are domesticated from some centuries, while timors are still "wild" birds). I am not at all interested in making hybrids , but as i am left with one only timor hen, I am trying all what I can.
    I will update the forum with my results.....
    roberto

5. #5 Munia maja, 23.08.2008
    Munia maja

Munia maja Foren-Guru

Hello Roberto,

I think, the hybrids are fertile, because the parents are very closely related - mostly the male offspring is fertile...
    If you cross back the offspring, you never get back the "pure" Timor again - therefore it doesn´t make any sense to cross the young male with his mother.

I wish you a good luck - it´s difficult to find Timor sparrows, but sometimes...

Steffi

Thema: Hybrid Timor sparrows (in English!)
Besucher kamen mit folgenden Suchen
  1. timor sparrow for sale

2. lonchura fertile hybrids

3. timor sparrow forsale

4. fertile java sparrow hybrid
Die Seite wird geladen...

Hybrid Timor sparrows (in English!) - Ähnliche Themen

1. Ist das eine Stockente?

Ist das eine Stockente?: Hallo, ebenfalls Nettetal diese Woche. Hab leider nur diese Perspektive, scheint aber ein Stockentenhybrid zu sein, oder gibt es da auch...
  2. Rabenkrähe: Ist das ein Hybrid oder sind das Farbabweichungen?

Rabenkrähe: Ist das ein Hybrid oder sind das Farbabweichungen?: Habe ich heute an der Weser gesehen. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Danke für eure Einschätzung und liebe Grüße Brigitte
  3. Bestimmungshilfe - Ente? Hybrid?

Bestimmungshilfe - Ente? Hybrid?: Hallo, hat jemand eine Idee, um welchen Vogel es sich hier handelt? Ein Hybrid? Fotografiert 16.8.2019 am Wörthsee in Oberbayern. Ist mit ein...
  4. Ungewöhnliche Ente (Hybrid?)

Ungewöhnliche Ente (Hybrid?): Hallo, am 29. Mai habe ich in Bremerhaven eine Ente gesehen, die ich nicht bestimmen kann (siehe Fotos). Der Schnabel ist zierlich und...
  5. Ist das ein Stockenten Hybrid Weibchen ?

Ist das ein Stockenten Hybrid Weibchen ?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Liebe Grüße Brigitte
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies um Inhalte zu personalisieren. Außerdem werden auch Cookies von Diensten Dritter gesetzt. Mit dem weiteren Aufenthalt akzeptierst du diesen Einsatz von Cookies.
    Information ausblenden