Nur ein Auge schließt fest. Aber nie beide Augen.

Diskutiere Nur ein Auge schließt fest. Aber nie beide Augen. im Forum Vogelkrankheiten im Bereich Allgemeine Foren - Only one eye shuts tightly. But never both eyes. I have a Schlegel twinspot hen that shuts one eye tight all the time every 3 months. This has...
W

William Astor

Only one eye shuts tightly. But never both eyes.

I have a Schlegel twinspot hen that shuts one eye tight all the time every 3 months.
This has happened about 4 times in the past 15 months. It is always one eye but never both eyes that shut tight.
My diagnosis has been bacterial sinus infection. Each time I have successfully cured her with 2 drops of 2.5% Baytril per day for 7 days.
I treated for vitamin A deficiency.
The mystery is that I have 5 Schlegel cocks which never had any eye problems. It is only the hens that have.
Has anyone had the same experience with their birds ?
Can someone explain what is happening please ?

William

Übersetzung Versuch Translation Attempt

Nur ein Auge schließt fest. Aber nie beide Augen.

Schlegel Grüner Tropfenastrild Mandingoa nitidula schlegeli

Ich habe eine Schlegel Grüner Tropfenastrild Henne, die ein Auge fest die ganze Zeit alle 3 Monate schließt. Dieses ist ungefähr 4 mal in den letzten 15 Monaten geschehen. Es ist immer ein Auge aber nie beide Augen, die fest schließen. Meine Diagnose ist bakterielle Atemwegserkrankung gewesen. Jede Zeit habe ich sie erfolgreich mit 2 Tropfen von 2.5% Baytril pro Tag für 7 Tage kuriert. Ich behandelte für Vitamin A mangel. Das Geheimnis ist, daß ich 5 Schlegel Hahnen habe, die nie alle mögliche Auge Probleme hatten. Es ist nur die Hennen, die haben.
Hat jemand die gleiche Erfahrung mit ihre Tiere gehabt?
Kann jemand erklären, was geschieht zu gefallen?

William

Dear William,

why did You try to cure her with Baytril? Have You made an Antibiogramm?
Where do You know, that it is an bacterial infect? And whrere do You know, that the germs You suspect to be the cause are sensible to Baytril?
In my opinion, Baytril ist used oftenly without prooved indication. Therefore the resistences against Baytril increase more and more.

But Your problem is still another: You are only oppressing periodically bacteria by an antibioticum. This is no solution of the problem, the infections come back and are going to become chronically.
My suggestion is, You should consult a vet doctor, who practises "classical homoeopathy".

Yours truly,
Thomas Braunsdorf

Hi Thomas,

Thomas B. schrieb:
why did You try to cure her with Baytril ?
She first started with a swollen eye days after I first bought her. Since the cocks did not have any eye problems, this indicated to me that it was not caused by dirty perches. Swollen eyes are often caused by respiratory bacterial infections. Baytril is known to be appropriate for these infections. So I treated her with Baytril which was very effective. This indicated to me that Baytril was appropriate.
The reason why the infection returned is not likely to be due to antibiotic resistance but because the air in the bird room was stale for the past year. I had to keep the windows shut due to the cold outside. Last month I fitted an extractor fan above the door of the bird room. I slightly open the window at the other end of the room when I switch the fan on for 10 minutes at a time about twice a day.

Thomas B. schrieb:
Have you made an antibiogram?
Can you tell me what this is?

Thomas B. schrieb:
In my opinion, Baytril is used often without proved indication. Therefore the resistance against Baytril increases more and more.
Yes you have a point. But in this case, it is not likely for the above reasons.
Avian vets trained in classical homeopathy are not available where I live.

As far as I know, the following Estrildid species are vulnerable to this one eye syndrome.

Schlegel Grüner Tropfenastrild / Schlegel Twinspot / Mandingoa nitidula schlegeli
Karmesinastrild / Crimson Seedcracker / Pyrenestes sanguineus

The mystery is why only the hens and not the cocks.

William

http://astorwilliam.tripod.com/index.htm

Thema: Nur ein Auge schließt fest. Aber nie beide Augen.