Tödliches neues Sofa

Diskutiere Tödliches neues Sofa im Forum Vogelkrankheiten im Bereich Allgemeine Foren - Guten Morgen! Habe soeben folgendes e-mail einer Dame erhalten, die auf der HolisticBird List ist. Es ist leider in englisch, aber die...
A

Ann Castro

Guten Morgen!

Habe soeben folgendes e-mail einer Dame erhalten, die auf der HolisticBird List ist. Es ist leider in englisch, aber die Information ist so wichtig, dass ich mich entschlossen habe es trotzdem hier hinein zu kopieren.

Kurz und knapp zusammengefasst, hat diese Frau ein neues Sofa gekauft, dass vom Hersteller mit Stainguard (dieses Produkt oder so was ähnlcihes gibt es hier in Deutschland auch!) behandelt worden war.

Trotz Aussage des Herstellers, dass dieses Mittel für Vögel vollkommen ungefährlich sei, war ihr Papagei,d en sie seit schon 16 Jahren hatte innerhalb von drei Tagen tot (beim Lesen hatte ich Tränen in den Augen - so was schreckliches). Die Autopsie ergab, dass es tatsächlich an diesem Mittel gelegen hat. Sie wird den Hersteller jetzt verklagen, damit in Zukunft entsprechende Warnhinweise angebracht werden müssen.

LG,

Ann.

Also hier das Mail:

This appeared on one of the bird lists I'm on today. Since this
killed her bird, it's wise to figure it may not good for our other
pets, or humans either, and certainly not for children. - M.

Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 16:55:14 -0700
Subject: Toxic Killer

Hello Everyone;

This is my first time on this site. I want to share an experience I
recently had that caused my beautiful Mexican Red Head to die.

I purchased a new sofa from Hansen's Furniture Store in Winton,
California. The sofa was treated with a fabric protector called
STAINSAFE. I was told that stainsafe was harmless to birds. 36
hours after the sofa was delivered my beloved SQUIGMUND died. On
the morning of the second day that I owned the sofa Squigmund began
to have labored breathing, and he was weak. I rushed him to his
Avian vet. Squigmund had absolutely no strength to stand up in his
carrying case so I had to clutch him to my chest while driving a
five speed car. I was crying. I knew Squigmund was dying so I
tried to collect myself, and tell him how much I loved him and I
thanked him for all the joy, and comfort he gave me. He died 4
hours later at the vet's office.

A nacropsey was perfomed by his usual vet who reported that
Squigmund had leisions all over his lungs with an enlarged heart,
and spleen. She said that he was poisioned to death. We decided to
have a pathologist in sacramento who specializes in these areas of
causes of death to birds. She confirmed that the cause of death was
INHALATION TOXICITY do to the new sofa that was treated with
Stainsafe.

I saved my money for a new sofa and I wanted my home to be cozy for
myself, and Squigmund. Look at what I have done. I allowed this
deadly sofa into my home which killed my darling , sweet boy
Squigmund. My companion for 16 years. He could sing "I left My
Heart in San Francisco". He loved to flirt with all the girls young
and old alike. He would whistle at them! He could laugh and he
loved having his head scratched. He was a true comedian.

The pathologist said that not only is Stainsafe a killer to birds but
also related that new furniture can sometimes emitt gases that are
deadly to birds as well.

Squigmund was my only Parrot, and you can imagine the quality of our
relationship. I cry every single day since he died on April 4, 2002.
For as long as I shall live, I will never again experience loving a
parrot like I did with Squigmund.

I have hired an animals rights lawyer in San Frnacisco . She was
appalled at what happened to Squigmund. We will be demanding that
warning labels be placed on this product Stainsafe to warn other
companion bird owners of the dangers.

Thank you for reading this. Please tell others about this toxic
killer Stainsafe.. I do not want any other bird to ever suffer a
heinous death like my Squigmund did.

Diana

Stainguard = Reinigungsmittel

Hi Ihr Lieben

Stainguard - http://www.stainguard.com/ Stainguard ist der berühmte Gewebe- und Lederschutz, der für Jahre in den traditionellen Möbelspeichern verkauft worden sind. Stainguard.com holt Verbrauchern die bedienungsfreundlichen stainguardprodukte, die mit direktem Internet-Zugang einfacher sind.

Ich hab mir die jeweilige Info zu den Mitteln direkt übersetzen lassen und dann hier reinkopiert .

1.)

Unterhaltgewebe- und -polsterungreinigungsmittel und neueres länger schauen. Wässern Sie gegründete Formel zur Verfügung stellt sogar besseres Fleckrepellency und ist praktisch geruchsfrei. Schützt Einzelteile ganz um das Haus: Polsterung, Selbstinneren, Stuhlkissen, Tischwäschen, usw....
Feines Leder ist weich und luxuriös und wird bedeutet genossen zu werden. Mit der rechten Obacht verbessert es wirklich mit Alter und dauert für viele erfreuliche Jahre. Lederner Installationssatz Stainguard stellt eine Gesamtobacht für Leder zur Verfügung, weil sogar das beste Leder abhängig von Verletzung oder Beschädigung ist.

2.)

Feines Leder ist weich und luxuriös und wird bedeutet genossen zu werden. Mit der rechten Obacht verbessert es wirklich mit Alter und dauert für viele erfreuliche Jahre. Lederner Installationssatz Stainguard stellt eine Gesamtobacht für Leder zur Verfügung, weil sogar das beste Leder abhängig von Verletzung oder Beschädigung ist.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hallo Pine!

Wärst Du so nett (wenn das machbar ist), den englischen Text rein zu stellen?

Ich vermute, daß die Übersetzung von einem Übersetzungsprogramm erstellt wurde (?) und befürchte, daß da einiges an Sinn verloren geht. ;)

Hi - der Link nochmal !

http://www.stainguard.com/

Stöbert besser auf der Seite -da ist ne Menge der Firma drauf.
Da mein Englisch nicht so gut ist, wenns was wichtiges gibt,
bitte hier in deutscher Übersetzung posten ;)

Hi

Für Alle etwas der Seite die FAQ :

What Do You Get:

Stainguard comes in an easy to use spray bottle, and the Stainguard Leather Care comes in a two-bottle pack, a leather cleaner and a leather conditioner. Both include easy following directions.
How Does It Work:

Stainguard is a treatment for fabric, leather, and other materials that penetrates deep into the fibers of the material, creating this way an invisible film that does not alter the feel or look of the material. This protective film clocks the pores of the fabric (without changing its breathing ability) and prevents any sort of food stains, liquid stains, water and oil-based stains, dirt, soil stains and more.
Stainguard is characterized by its durability and invisibility. It is odorless and safe for the environment and your fabrics. It can be used of any sort of fabric, even on fine textiles and fabrics like velvet. It is nontoxic, hypoallergenic and bio-gradable.
Any sort of spill, or dirt remains on the surface and it can be cleaned fast and easy with a clean sponge or towel paper - avoiding any rubbing - before it becomes a stain. Cleaning any sort of mess is easy when Stainguard treats your fabric surfaces.
Definitions:

Burn - An alteration by the action of heat.

Cracking or peeling - Drying out of the pigment or wood layer; which causes breakdown of the finish and/or leather

Defect in material or workmanship - Imperfection/fault in material or manufacturing that leads to damage at future time.

Human bodily fluids - Includes human blood, urine feces, and vomit but does not include perspiration, body oils and hair oils.

Normally consumed by humans - That which is intended to be taken in through the mouth, chewed, swallowed and digested by a human.

Nude leather - Sensitive leather that has been aniline dyed and has no pigment, resin, lacquer or polyurethane coating. May be oiled or waxed.

Pet bodily fluids - Includes animal blood, urine, feces and vomit but does not include perspiration, body oils and hair oils.

Puncture or cut - Penetration by a sharp edge or pointed object.

Rip - A splitting apart or opening.

Upholstered fabric furniture - Sofas, loveseats, chairs, seats, ottomans, sleepers, recliners, sectionals, wedges and cushions.

Upholstered leather furniture - Sofas, loveseats, chairs, seats, ottomans, sleepers, recliners, sectionals, wedges and cushions

Wood and other hard surface furniture - Solid wood, laminated finishes, veneer, polyester, lacquer, furniture with varied surfaces such as tile, leather, stone and glass.

Cleaning Codes

W: Clean the fabric with a water-based product, such as the foam from a mild detergent or a nonsolvent upholstery shampoo. Use sparingly and avoid overwetting.

S: Clean the fabric with a mild water-free dry-cleaning solvent. Use sparingly, in a well-ventilated room.

WS: Clean the fabric with a dry-cleaning solvent, the foam of a mild detergent, or an upholstery shampoo, depending on the stain.

X: Have the fabric professionally cleaned. Only clean this fabric yourself by vacuuming or brushing it lightly to prevent accumulation of dust and grime.

What Do You Get
How Does It Work
Definitions

und die Firma dazu :

dynamic company offering
cleaning and protection products.
Furniture is a very important component of the household. They reflect the owner's taste and style. Being in the furniture business for more than twenty years we know the investment people put in their furniture and how concerned they are about their protection and maintenance.

Stainguard, (that was traditionally sold in furniture stores worldwide and now available online at www.stainguard.com) solved a lot of problems caused by all sort of stains. Stainguard will protect and condition any upholstery, leather, mattress or any other fabric you would like to keep new forever!

Cyberworx, aims to offer the best quality products at the lowest cost. For this reason our distribution network has been expanding rapidly as we enter new industries that demand our products like: furniture, automotive, construction, hotel, boating, commercial aviation, military, etc..
Your order of Stainguard products and your satisfaction is important to us. Please contact us with your questions or suggestions.
Stainguard is a product sold by:
Cyberworx, Inc.
315 West 39th Street
Suite #1308
New York, NY 10018

Wer kann das wichtigste bitte übersetzen!!

Hallo Ihr Leser/innen

Wer von Euch würde das wichtigste für Uns hier übersetzen ??

m.E. geht es hier weniger um Stainguard, sondern auch ganz besonders darum,d ass wir alle sehr sehr vorsichtig sind in Bezug auf evtl. Ausdunstungen, Chemicalien, etc. denen wir unsere Vögel aussetzen.
Als ob wir nicht alle schon neurotisch genug wären.....

LG,

Ann.

Leider kann ich kein Englisch

Zu den Lederpflegmitteln mal was ganz allgemeines.
Die gibt´s auch als Spray, um z.B. die Schuhe damit wasserfest zu machen.
Das Zeug ist dermaßen gefährlich, daß ich mich frage, wie so was eigentlich verkauft werden darf.
Es enthält zur Pflege unmengen an Silikon.
Beim Einatmen lagert sich das in der Lunge ab und versiegelt die im Sinne des Wortes. Ein Sauerstoffaustausch wird verhindert.
Daß so etwas bei einem Vogel zu sehr schnellem Tod führt, kann sich jeder denken. Dem Menschen macht es nicht gerade so viel aus, da unsere Lungenoberfächen größer sind. Trotzdem kann die Atmung sehr erschwert werden, der Blutsauerstoffgehalt sinken.
Daß so was erlaubt ist - ich verstehe es nicht.

Hallo!

Danke Ann für deine äußerst wichtige Information!

Also unsere Umwelt ist so gefährlich, man mag das gar nicht glauben. 8o Man muss ja wirklich alles auf Herz und Nieren prüfen. Ich hab auch ne Ledercouch, aber da ist alles i.O., denn meine Geier kraxeln schon seit Monaten drauf herum.
Imprägniersprays habe ich auch, die stinken bisschen, aber sowas verwende ich nie in Gegenwart eines Geiers. Nicht mal die härteren Putzmittel in ihrer Gegenwart.

Auf weniger Gift in dieser Welt!

Liebe Grüße,
Jillie

Hallo Jillie

Kleiner Tip zur Pflege einer Ledercouch oder sowas.
Ganz einfach z.B. Penaten Baby- Milch nehmen.
Leder ist aus Tierhaut. Was ist also besser als ein Hautpflegemittel. Die Babymilch fettet nicht nach und zieht sehr gut ein.
Kostet nicht viel und das Leder sieht danach aus wie neu.
Du mußt nur eine alte Hausfrau wie mich fragen. :D

Hallo Alfred,
da muss ich dir widersprechen:D :D :D , du "Hausfrau"
ich nehme schon immer NIVEA CREME;)

Hallo ihr Hausfrauen!

Danke für den Tipp! Bisher habe ich meine Ledercouch immer mit Bienenwachs flott gemacht.

Freundliche Grüße,
Jillie

Thema: Tödliches neues Sofa