Elektronische Vorschaltgeräten und Lichtleisten

Diskutiere Elektronische Vorschaltgeräten und Lichtleisten im Forum Vogelzubehör im Bereich Allgemeine Foren - Hello, I live in the UK and I hope you can help me. I am looking for good electronic ballasts [ elektronische lichteinheit ] to replace the...
W

William Astor

Hello,
I live in the UK and I hope you can help me.
I am looking for good electronic ballasts [ elektronische lichteinheit ] to replace the magnetic ballasts that I have in seven fluorescent fittings. Electronic ballasts will produce flicker free lighting [ flimmerfreies licht ] which makes the birds feel more secure in their surroundings.

The fittings each have a 1.2 meter 36W fluorescent tube. These will be used to light up my birdroom which contains African finches. I am not interested in the Arcadia electronic ballasts because they are too expensive. Can anyone recommend an electronic ballast that has been found to produce good results and is reasonably priced please ?
How long have you tested this electronic ballast for ?
How much do the ballasts cost in Euros please ?
Thank you.

William

P.S. Für eine Übersetzung, die nicht zu gut ist, Versuch:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr
http://dict.leo.org/
If you answer me in simple German I should be able to understand what you say. I will answer you in simple English :)

hello...

hello william,

i have electr. ballasts from "fluorel" from french -
two ballast: 1 x for two 18 w lamps and 1 x for two 15 w lamps - this ballasts come from www.teleca.de and the price is ca. 45.--€ / pieces - an other hp is www.achod.de , you see .....

good day

Hi William,

welcom to our "Welliforum". :)
Osram "Quicktronic"-ballasts are used in the arcadia birdlamps. The price is 40 - 45 € for the 36W-version.

Thank you Frank and Basstom for replying.
The achod website had cheaper prices and I discovered something unexpected.

www.achod.de

Click LAMPEN
Lichtleiste 36W 120cm
Komplettset; Fassung (IP25) für Leuchtstoffröhre, elektronisches Vorschaltgerät montiert, Arcadia Bird Lamp = 59.50 €

Click EVG
1 x 36W EVG = 35 €

Click Arcadia
Arcadia Bird Lamp 36 Watt 120 cm = 16.99 €

I have been told that in order to replace the magnetic ballast with an electronic one, you will have to remove not only the magnetic ballast but the large capacitor [der Kondensator] and the starter [ der Starter] that comes with these fluorescent fittings [ lichtleisten].

EVG and Arcadia bird lamp = 51.99 €
Lichtleiste minus EVG and Arcadia bird lamp = 7.51 €

For 7.51 € you save yourself the trouble of fitting the electronic ballast yourself AND get a brand new fitting as well.
So I am confused.

Why are people buying electronic ballasts [EVG] when it makes better sense to buy the complete fluorescent fitting which includes the EVG and the Arcadia bird lamp ?

By the way, did you replace the magnetic ballasts with the electronic ballasts that you mentioned ? if so, did you find it difficult to do this ?

Thank you.

William

Hi William,

William Astor schrieb:
For 7.51 € you save yourself the trouble of fitting the electronic ballast yourself AND get a brand new fitting as well.
So I am confused.

the price is okay, I would buy it. :)

Why are people buying electronic ballasts [EVG] when it makes better sense to buy the complete fluorescent fitting which includes the EVG and the Arcadia bird lamp ?

In "my" company some years ago we had old fluorescent fittings with magnetic ballasts in some rooms. They had to replace the ballasts because of ... what is the word ... "Ergonomie am Arbeitsplatz" ...
I think it would have been much more expensive to replace the whole fittings.

By the way, did you replace the magnetic ballasts with the electronic ballasts that you mentioned ? if so, did you find it difficult to do this?

I bought the complete birdlamps, but the replacement is not very difficult to do. -Okay, no problem for me, but perhaps a problem for someone who didn´t learn things like this. ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Basstom schrieb:
Hi William,
the price is okay, I would buy it. :)

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes the price that the Achod website are giving seems to be okay. But even better as I have found is....

Crompton, English make, do a 36W 120cm complete fluorescent fitting with electronic ballast and ordinary neonlight tube [Lichtleiste] for only 36 €.
I have consulted two American experts with years of experience behind them, Bob Thompson and Master Bob (Bob Osgood). You can check their profile at :

http://www.allexperts.com/getExpert.asp?Category=1734

They told me that in their experience there should not be any difference in performance between cheap and expensive electronic ballasts.
I will quote what Bob Osgood told me:

<<<<I was able to research the Arcadia product at the company's web site :
http://www.arcadia-uk.com/en/110electronic_controllers.html

and I've noted no special qualities or specifications that make this a superior product over other electronic controllers (what we refer to as a ballast here in the US). If the cheaper controllers you've found will mate to your 36 watt lights...and are the same in all other aspects...I'd certainly go with the cheaper ones.>>>

So I think I will be investing my money in the much cheaper Crompton make :)

Regards,

William

Hi William,

William Astor schrieb:
But even better as I have found is....

Crompton, English make, do a 36W 120cm complete fluorescent fitting with electronic ballast and ordinary neonlight tube [Lichtleiste] for only 36 €.

whow, great price! I just googled for it, but can´t find where to buy it in germany ...

They told me that in their experience there should not be any difference in performance between cheap and expensive electronic ballasts.
So I think I will be investing my money in the much cheaper Crompton make :)

If I hadn´t my birdlamps already, I´d buy the cheaper ballasts, too. :)

Hi Tom and Frank,

Further good news....
I have found an even cheaper Fluorescent Fitting with electronic ballast [ also called electronic start ] and ordinary lamp for £18.20 plus tax which means that it costs a total of £21.39 or 32 €. The make is FITZGERALD and the model number is SLP36E. It is made in England and is guaranteed for 3 years.......!!!

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FGSLP36E.html

I phoned up a store which stocks them and they have confirmed that it comes with an electronic ballast and of course I have ordered one.

Arcadia elctronic controller range does not include a single lamp model for a 120cm bird lamp. They only do twin lamp versions. These cost £69.99 or 105 €
Arcadia also have the new I-Bar range which is a rigid baton, fitted with electronic ballasts. The model which takes 120cm bird lamps costs £114.99 or 172.5 €
As far as I know they come with no fluorescent tubes and only a one year guarantee.
It is true that these are designed to be waterproof but for a bird room this feature is not needed.

The difference in prices and guarantees is incredible. I sincerely hope this information will make all bird lovers aware of the need to check prices before spending their money.

William

Thema: Elektronische Vorschaltgeräten und Lichtleisten